Test XL Please Ignore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futuristic Theme Discussion

3 posters

Go down

Futuristic Theme Discussion Empty Futuristic Theme Discussion

Post by Atlas Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:08 pm

So first, news update! 

Trying to get this site mobile-friendly is probably going to require a mod installed onto the main site, which I'm looking into. My only concern now is that there might be ownership problems with the site. Namely, that I'm not the founder which locks even admins out of things forever. At worst, we might need to swap site entirely and just move all our stuff to an identical looking site. But that's a LONG way away and just a worst case scenario.

Tell me what you like about this theme though!

My Notes:
Top toolbar looks nice.
Feels a bit bigger than the glow theme.
Gonna have to steal buttons from another theme because I don't like the green ones here.
Profile Test still black :/
Layout looks alright.
Atlas
Atlas

Atlas Dollars : 4192

Back to top Go down

Futuristic Theme Discussion Empty Re: Futuristic Theme Discussion

Post by drpdrp97 Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:49 pm

Atlas wrote:So first, news update! 

Trying to get this site mobile-friendly is probably going to require a mod installed onto the main site, which I'm looking into. My only concern now is that there might be ownership problems with the site. Namely, that I'm not the founder which locks even admins out of things forever. At worst, we might need to swap site entirely and just move all our stuff to an identical looking site. But that's a LONG way away and just a worst case scenario.

Tell me what you like about this theme though!

My Notes:
Top toolbar looks nice.
Feels a bit bigger than the glow theme.
Gonna have to steal buttons from another theme because I don't like the green ones here.
Profile Test still black :/
Layout looks alright.
- Don't like the amount of contrast (or lack thereof) between the text and background, which is my main complaint on the forums now.
- Toolbar does indeed look good.
- I liked the glow from the glow theme, is there any way to bring that in here.
- With the black we need more high-intensity/fluorescent-ish colors imo.
- Green buttons are whack and out of place.
- Too much blue for my liking. Can we see some red or whites, maybe some grays?
- I absolutely abhor those blue things for each of the forums on the homepage
- Why is the Calendar in the toolbar permanently highlighted?
drpdrp97
drpdrp97

Atlas Dollars : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartGuy5000 Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:55 pm

Agreed, green buttons are fuckugly, but other than that, it looks good. However, if you're going for a consistent dark theme, I'd make the colors of the reply box a bit darker.

SmartGuy5000

Atlas Dollars : 3473

Back to top Go down

Post by drpdrp97 Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:36 pm

Is there an editable template for the buttons Atlas? Like for the unread/locked/read symbols? Because if so I can upload some button designs to try out.
drpdrp97
drpdrp97

Atlas Dollars : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:38 pm

Going down the list:

- I'll look into the glow effect and moving it to different themes no matter what. I like it that much.

- We're in agreement on the green buttons. They can and will be executed should we keep this and yes it can be done.

-Keep in mind that we can change the colors for 90% of the stuff here. That was the purpose behind breaking the glow theme for you; to prove it could be done. Having a little difficulty with the black text under your profiles on the left side, but pretty sure we can do it.

- The blue things on the homepage are harder to remove, but it COULD be done to my knowledge.

** For people wanting to swap out buttons and the like, go to the administration panel all the way at the bottom of the page -> Display -> Pictures and Colors - > Pics Management -> Advanced mode -> Buttons. After that, plug and play. As an example, I'm going to swap out the delete button with something else when I finish writing this post. ***
Atlas
Atlas

Atlas Dollars : 4192

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartGuy5000 Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:59 pm

Anything can be done. Let me know if you need any actual php edited, as I can do that too.

SmartGuy5000

Atlas Dollars : 3473

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down